An update to the strawberry jello pretzel salad from your childhood!
PRETZEL Tart CRUST
· 1 cup salted ground pretzels
· 3/4 cup flour
· 3 tsp granulated sugar
· 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cubed
· 1 large egg, whisked
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
· 8 oz full fat cream cheese, room temp
· 1 cup granulated sugar
· 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
· 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 lb fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
· 2 tbsp granulated sugar
· 1/2 strawberry jam
· ½ cup crushed pretzels
· 3 tbsp unsalted butter
· 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix pretzel crust ingredients and press into well greased tart pan ( A pie pan will also work)
- Place crust in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in freezer to cool for 10 minutes
- Mix all cream cheese filling ingredients in bowl and beat on high for at least 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese filling to tart and return to freezer
- Cut up strawberries and add to bowl.
- Add sugar and jam to strawberries and set aside.
- Mix pretzel crunch ingredients in bowl.
- When ready to serve, remove tart from freezer and drain strawberries before placing them on top.
- Finish with pretzel topping.
If preparing in advance, remove from the freezer after an hour and place in fridge. Do not add toppings till ready to serve or the jam will cause the pretzel crumble and crust to soften.