Mexican Street Corn Salad is a yummy mix of charred sweet corn and warm spices.
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cotijo cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin, chili powder, paprika
- Defrost corn and place on a towel to remove any water
- Pour corn into a hot pan on high heat. No oil. Cast Iron works great for this!
- Heat corn for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until the corn is slightly blackened
- Remove corn from heat and add in onion.
- Place corn in fridge for 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Once the corn has cooled, add in sour cream, cilantro, cheese and spices and mix.
- Place in fridge, covered, for at least one hour so flavors can meld.