Bring the carnival home with these insanely delicious funnel cakes!
2 Cups AP Flour
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs. Beat the eggs before adding to the batter
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk ( whole is best!)
One container of funfetti icing
- Start by heating one 64 ounce bottle of vegetable oil on the stove. Medium to high heat.
- Mix flour, milk, baking powder, sugar and beaten eggs in a bowl.
- Allow mix to sit out for a few minutes to remove the chill.
- Move mix into funnel cake vessel.
- Check oil using a wooden spoon. Dip handle in oil touching the bottom of the pot. If it begins to bubble you are ready!
- Begin to pour your mix into the oil in zig zag motion overlapping as you go until you have the funnel cake look.
- Cook for about 3 minutes and flip.
- Remove from the oil when you have a nice golden brown cake.
- Transfer cake to paper plate.
Melt icing in 20 second intervals until it reaches a drizzle consistency. Top with sprinkles.
Put funnel cake on sheet pan and top with marshmallows and chocolate chips and place under broiler for 30 seconds. Don’t walk away!
Remove from oven and top with graham cracker crumbs and chocolate syrup.